Lincoln Park, built in 1905, was part of the “City Beautiful” national parks movement aimed at revitalizing industrialized communities and providing residents with public space for
recreational activities. Designed by Daniel W. Langton and Charles N. Lowrie, both founding members of the American Society of Landscape Architects, the park now consists of 21 tennis courts, 7 baseball fields, a cricket pitch, 5 basketball courts, 3 playgrounds, 2 football fields and a running track. The Lincoln Park Fountain, a 365-ton stone sculpture and the centerpiece to the park, was designed by Pierre J. Cheron in 1911. Originally costing $6,500 to build, this majestic
fountain just underwent a recent $7.2 million dollar renovation.